Nandkumar. Bijlani
APAA (ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICAN ASSOCIATION )
A.S.P.I.R.E. PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP
"Your Experience in an Asian/Pacific Islander Community."
My son and daughter came to California, U.S. in pursuit of higher studies. They got jobs, got married and even had children. Thus they were settled here. Me and my wife in India began to miss them awfully and found no charm in life without them. Visiting U.S. after 9/11/2001 was tough. As such we made the decision to live with them permanently in California.
Initially I had some fears. I was skeptical whether I would be able to acclimatize in foreign environments. I thought I would miss my language, religion, culture, food, social life, medical facilities etc. but I slowly realized that the things were quite different. Little did I know that there were masses like me who had arrived much earlier and formed Asian/Pacific Islanders Communities. In course of time my opinion has completely changed. Now I feel, being here is like living in a home away from home.
I know many people who are crazy about visiting foreign countries, knowing their culture, wearing fashionable costumes, savoring food varieties, listening to their music, watching movies, learning their languages, not only that, even marrying them. They work hard, save money and spend all their savings to go different places. I was amazed to realize that I was able to enjoy all this diversity and multiculturalism without spending anything living here in California. What could be more fun, enjoyment and experience than this.
One must admire America's Noble Philosophy, Mission ,Vision, Policy, and Governance.
"United We Stand" is not just a slogan. America lives by it. It believes that we can grow by accommodating others. America not only accommodates outsiders but welcomes and provides healthy environments to grow. That is why today there are full-fledged and functional
Asian/Pacific Islanders Communities, which teach newcomers; language, educate, give monetary support, provide vocational guidance, and make them worthy regardless of ethnicity, color, cast, age, sex, national origin, and religion.
No wonder why everyone aspires to live, learn, and earn in America!
No wonder why everyone should not be loyal, serve, and pledge to do everything in the interest of the country. God Bless America and even Asian/Pacific Islanders Communities.
No comments:
Post a Comment